The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD is currently looking for an Accounting Officer 100%.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Officer, the Accounting Officer will review and process invoices and expenses claims, prepare manual journal entries and support the team on statutory audits and closing tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and process consultants’ and suppliers’ invoices;
- Review and process expense claims and cash advances ensuring compliance with travel policy, accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation;
- Ensure approval signatures for invoices payable are valid under HD policies;
- Prepare, process and record payments of consultants and suppliers invoices;
- Ensure compliance with HD standard operating procedures, travel expense and procurement policies.
Monthly and quarterly reconciliations :
- Perform and document monthly and quarterly reconciliations;
- Review and follow-up on open vendors accounts using standard accounting reports.
- Prepare and book manual journal entries upon supervisor’s request;
- File and scan documentation as assigned ;
- Prepare documentation for auditors for grant and institutional audits;
- Liaise with project teams when appropriate.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in accounting;
- Experience in Accounts Payable is an asset;
- Excellent excel skills and IT savvy; experience with an ERP desirable, knowledge of Business Central is an advantage;
- Attention to details;
- Focus on task completion and respect of deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong team player;
- Fluent French and English, written and spoken;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Very good organizational skills;
If you are interested in this position and meet the required criteria defined above, please send your resume and a cover letter in a single PDF file by 18 January 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Accounting Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org