Start date: as soon as possible
The field of conflict resolution is grappling with changes to how war is waged and growing instability specifically in cyberspace. While mediation is a commonly used tool to address traditional forms of armed conflict, its application to conflicts in the cyber domain has not been well-tested. HD has sought to address this need by establishing a programme in 2018 focused on developing confidence-building measures (CBMs) between adversaries in cyberspace, particularly in regions where such CBMs do not exist or have been poorly implemented.
HD seeks to recruit a Cyber-Dialogue Project Associate to support the programme’s daily operations. Being an integral part of the entire programme team, the Project Associate’s responsibilities will include:
- Support the planning, preparation and execution of tracks of cyber dialogue that HD facilitates in different world regions;
- Help monitor, evaluate and report on key developments and debates in the field of cyber security, diplomacy and mediation (e.g. UN cyber consultations, major cyber incidents etc.) to inform the cyber program’s ongoing dialogue tracks or identify new areas of engagement (e.g. through watching briefs);
- Attend relevant meetings and assist in taking minutes, drafting correspondence, collecting and compiling meeting information;
- Conduct research, e.g. in the form of conflict analyses or actors mapping, to inform the dialogues and the team’s overall strategic direction;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts as well as donor reporting;
- Support in the preparation of new project proposals.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar function;
- Be familiar with key debates in cyber security and cyber diplomacy;
- Experience working with non-Western Governments is an asset;
- Discretion in the management of sensitive information;
- Solid organisational skills;
- Strong political analysis capacity;
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- S/he should be flexible and be able to exercise good judgement and sensitivity when working with a range of stakeholders in a variety of environments;
- S/he must be tolerant of high levels of uncertainty and demonstrate experience in dealing with a dynamic and challenging context;
- S/he should be reliable and possess a strong attention to detail.
The successful candidate should be prepared to travel extensively.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your CV your CV along with a short cover letter in a single PDF by 8 September 2023 to email@example.com. Please indicate “Project Associate Cyber” in the subject line of your e-mailHD is an equal opportunity employer.