Starting date: January 2024
The primary objective of this role is to provide support the DRP team in their efforts to strengthen relationships with key donors, secure increased funding from private sources as well as provide support for donor-related processes across the organization.
The Donor Relations & Partnerships Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supporting the implementation of Donor Relations Management (DRM) system improvements and coordinating DRM evaluation, testing, and implementation across the organization;
- Coordinating the regular collection of fresh institutional knowledge on primary donors and prospects;
- Coordinating relations with selected new donors under supervision;
- Coordinating relations with selected existing donors under supervision;
- Scanning for new opportunities for core funding and calls for proposals;
- Supporting philanthropic prospecting, including managing the International Peace Table Initiative and HD Peace Fund fundraising;
- Supporting communications on HD’s value to donors, including through public communications, events, workshops, and meeting preparations, as well as visual materials;
- Providing cross-organizational donor relations and fundraising support, including proposal submission support, workshop development, and support resources;
- Supporting the coordination of donor reporting as needed.
Technical Competencies/Knowledge Needed for the Position:
- Ability to effectively consult and coordinate across multi-stakeholder environments;
- Strong project management skills;
- Effective writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Previous experience with public or private donor organizations is desirable;
- Excellent oral and written English skills;
- CRM software and graphic design technical competence is a plus;
- Precision, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
Interpersonal Skills Needed for the Position:
- A positive, autonomous, and self-driven profile;
- Highly effective at liaising with donor focal points;
- At ease working in a small team and “managing horizontally”;
- Aligned with HD’s Charter and the organization’s values.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter combined in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2023. Please indicate DRP- Associate in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.