Starting date: January 2024 – 12 months (renewable)
The current political climate in Sudan has evolved drastically and based on these new developments, HD has initiated a project to support the ongoing efforts to restore peace and support the development of an inclusive political process in the country. Under the new project, HD seeks to help in facilitating broad-based analysis among critical stakeholders, providing institutional support to relevant stakeholders, as well as supporting political dialogue and mediation.
Reporting to the Project Manager the Project Associate will have the following responsibilities: Project Management:
Support the day-to-day management of project activities including:
- Support the elaboration of programme work plans;
- Support the timely preparation and submission of proposals, progress reports, donor reports, project reviews and any other required project reports;
- Conduct media monitoring to keep the team abreast of relevant political development related to the program;
- Provides administrative and operation support on implementation of programme activities;
- Provide logistical support for workshops and other meetings as tasked by the project manager;
- Process project-related travel arrangements and support the project manager with conference management tasks;
- Maintain up-to-date files and records of programme documentation;
Additional project support:
- Undertake regular field trips to conduct activities, write mission reports and monitor progress
- Conduct research and writing as requested by the Project Manager;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
The successful candidate should have:
- 3 years of work experience in conflict resolution or in a similar function in Sudan, Horn of Africa region and/or internationally;
- A good understanding of project management with demonstrated administrative experience;
- Experience working in a regional or international organisation preferred;
- Excellent oral and written skills (English required, Arabic an asset);
- Experience of and sensitivity in communicating with multicultural and diverse audiences.
- Contextual knowledge and understanding of Sudan will be an added advantage;
- A good understanding of peace and security issues.
The successful applicant should have:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Research and information analysis;
- The ability to handle confidential information;
- Strong multi-tasking skills;
- A proactive and self-motivated approach.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 3rd November 2023 to email@example.com
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org