Yemen Project Associate
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Project Associate provides coordination and programmatic support to the implementation of HD’s projects in Yemen and will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain coordination with team members and consultants working on Yemen, keep an up-to-date overview of operational matters and report challenges to programme delivery;
- Assist in drafting interim and final narrative reports for all grants of the Yemen project;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation processes of HD’s Yemen projects;
- Attend meetings (in Europe and the Middle East region) and assist in taking minutes and drafting correspondence;
- Monitor contextual developments in Yemen;
- With the assistance of logistics staff, manage logistical coordination for project-related activities and meetings;
- Help with administrative processes for the Yemen projects;
- Provide Arabic – English bilingual communications support orally and in writing, including ad hoc translation assistance during meetings if needed, and crafting professional correspondence in Arabic and English
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in international relations, political science, or peace and conflict studies;
- At least 3 – 4 years of experience in a relevant function, including on the MENA region;
- Excellent command written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Political and cultural knowledge of the Middle East region.
Personality: The successful candidate should be capable of multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines, and traveling to Yemen and the MENA region. S/he must be a flexible team player, reliable, proactive and have strong social, organisational and communication skills.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 April 2023. Please indicate Yemen – Project Associate in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment.