The Admin and Finance Manager will oversee HD Sudan office accounting and finances as well as Human Resources and administration. S/he will supervise the Finance and admin team members and support the Program managers in the preparation, tracking and reporting on budgets.
- Ensure compliance to HD standards, policies procedures as well as internal control measures;
- Support project budgets and forecast, coordinate audits, manage inventory and procurement;
- Oversee the logistic and administrative functions of the HD Sudan office;
- Supervise and manage Finance, logistics, and administration staff;
- Lead on the Human resource functions in HD Sudan office, in close coordination with the regional office in Nairobi.
More specifically, tasks will involve:
- Act as HD Sudan liaison person with the government agencies (tax/labour authority etc.), company auditors, HD Nairobi regional office and headquarters in Geneva;
- Prepare budget proposals and amendments as well as support program managers in tracking and monitoring of project budgets and preparation of reports;
- Manage bank accounts and direct the preparation of monthly cash forecasts and monthly payments, including payroll;
- Coordinate with the Regional Office and Headquarters in the preparation of Financial Statements and reconciliation of accounts;
- Supervise the preparation of monthly office reports (cash based) and supporting documents as instructed by functional supervisor;
- Direct the calculation of the accruals for the regular closing of the books;
- Administer the payroll and remittance of related social charges and taxes to the relevant authorities;
- Manage the human resources functions of the office:
- Oversee the process of hiring new personnel/consultants including preparation of contracts,
- Supervise the maintenance of personnel files and manage the preparation of leave balances;
- Ensure compliance with personnel handbook and local labour law;
- Oversee procurement of goods and services;
- Any other tasks as required by the supervisor.
- Degree in Finance and Administration;
- 7 years of experience in related field, including in non-for profit, UN or international organisations;
- Knowledge of local labour laws and regulations;
- Excellent Excel MS skills;
- Good verbal and written English and Arabic
- Attention to details.
- A team player and multi-tasker.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a cultural diverse team.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) along with a short cover letter in a single PDF file by 10th October 2022 to email@example.com. Please indicate Administration and Finance Manager in the subject line of your email.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org