(Fixed-Term Employment Contract: one-year period with the possibility of extension)
Starting date: 1 May 2023
Provide financial and administrative support to Northeast Asia (NEA) projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly liquidation report to be sent to Regional Office, and ensuring compliance with financial policies
- Help to prepare donor financial reports in co-ordination with the project and finance team and ensuring donor procurement guidelines are applied;
- Prepare draft budgets and forecasts, in consultation with project teams;
- Monitor expenses against budgets, checking for inaccuracies and allocation errors, and regularly updating the project team on expenditure vs budget and any funding shortfall;
- Liaising with HD’s project and finance teams based in Geneva and in Singapore;
- Preparing, in conjunction with projects teams, the monthly/quarterly cash request;
- Responsible for cash management, management of cash advances and payment processing
- Reviewing staff expense claims for accuracy and compliance with Expense Reimbursement and other financial policies;
- Monitor salary allocations and ensure their correct allocation to projects;
- Respond to enquiries from Regional Office, as required
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration or other relevant subjects. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experiences in carrying out budget/financial support tasks. The candidate must have strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
The position will report to Regional Director – Northeast Asia and functionally to Singapore Regional Office (Accounting/Finance Manager) and being based in Beijing, China.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send your CV and a motivation letter to HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by 31 March 2023. Please include “Beijing Finance Associate” in the subject line of your email.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.