As part of a small team sitting at the Geneva Headquarters, the IT Helpdesk Specialist will provide technical support to all HD members, locally and internationally. S/he will ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures, rules and regulations as well as support with all Helpdesk administrative tasks in coordination with the supervisor and the other IT team members.
Temporary assignment – 6 months
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve (or escalate when appropriate) IT end users’ issues (1st and 2nd level) in a timely manner while communicating clearly and proactively throughout the process until all the problems are solved;
- Provide support with corporate equipment such as desktops, laptops, mobiles devices, printers, etc. by installing and maintaining corporate hardware and software;
- Manage user accounts and password resets;
- Handle user on/off boarding processes and deliver user trainings on the common software and hardware productivity tools and on IT policies;
- Maintain and prepare appropriate documentation for end users;
- Provide support for Conference rooms and Video Conference setup;
- Maintain and update the IT inventory and manage administrative tasks related to the Helpdesk;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures;
- Collaborate whenever necessary with external vendors to support Helpdesk smooth functioning;
- Assist with the planning and implementing of new IT initiatives and liaise with stakeholders.
- Two to three years’ experience in IT 1st level and 2nd level support;
- Experience with common computer tools and technologies, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows 10 and 11, Microsoft Exchange, etc.
- Experience managing account within Active Directory and Azure Active Directory;
- Experience in software installation, peripheral device management as well as incident management;
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of French;
- Very good communication skills in a multi-national environment.
- Understanding of users’ perspectives;
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered;
- Ability to interact positively with peers and all management levels;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Attention to detail;
- Autonomous, proactive and result driven.
If you are interested in this position and meet the required criteria defined above, please send your resume and a cover letter in a single PDF file by 23 October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “IT Helpdesk Specialist” in the subject line of your e-mail.HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org