Assist all of HD’s China-related projects including China-US, China-Europe, and Korean Peninsula, with the specific focus on China-Europe project.
(Fixed-Term Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension)
Key Responsibilities are:
- Conduct analytical research and daily media monitoring of fast-evolving political contexts, with an eye toward identifying trends, and programmatic opportunities as well as risks;
- Identify, build, and manage relationships with relevant interlocutors for project purposes;
- Provide Chinese-English bilingual communications support with external contacts, including providing ad-hoc translation assistance during meetings and crafting professional correspondence in Chinese and English;
- With the assistance of logistics staff, manage logistical coordination for project-related activities and meetings, including arranging flight bookings, hotel reservations, airport transfers, outside catering arrangements, and coordinating logistical arrangements with project partners;
- Travel, as necessary, to conduct research and consultations in preparation for meetings, including in and outside of China;
- Assist in the development and dissemination of project documents and background materials, including for donor and strategic planning purposes;
- Assist in budgetary and administrative reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate should:
- have a relevant master’s degree in international relations, political science, peace and conflicts, international law, or equivalent and at least one year of prior internship and/or related work experience;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate flexibly in a wide range of social settings;
- have knowledge of pre- and post-conflict situation, conflict resolution, peace-making, and ideally arms control with experience in researching, analysing and writing on political contexts;
- be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese.
The position will report to the Project Manager and be based in Beijing.
If you meet the requirements defined above, please send your resume and a cover letter in a single PDF file by 31 October 2022 to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Project Associate, Beijing” in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org