The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is the leading international private diplomacy organisation working to prevent and resolve armed conflicts through dialogue and mediation. For a time limited consulting assignment (up to 12 months) to provide a surge support in Eurasia, HD is looking for an Administrative and Logistics Associate, Eurasia (Consultant – 100%).
Starting date: February 2023
HD works with all parties to the conflict to de-escalate tensions, reduce the risks of conflict and establish a conducive environment for peace negotiations. The Administrative and Logistics Associate will support the Eurasia team.
Coordinate with the team, finance and human resources departments:
- Handle all travel arrangements (including flights, visas, accommodation, transportation and insurance) for HD staff, consultants and visitors in accordance with HD policies;
- Prepare and assist in obtaining necessary travel documents for staff, consultants and visitors (e.g. visas, insurances);
- Organise team and other meetings in the region, negotiate rates, define contracts and agreements with external providers (such as hotels and conference facilities), and provide assistance on booking queries;
- Handle logistics’ payments via HD credit card(s) as per HD procedures (approvals and documentations);
- Provide logistics cost estimates for budgetary purposes on projects;
- Handle HD CO2 initiative.
Focal point for expenses claims:
- Compile financial information related to all travel expenses and records; control and validate the expense claims and supporting documents ensuring their compliance with HD policies; and if applicable, assist HD team members in filling them out;
- Ensure compliance with internal financial policies and guidelines and with donor budgets and requirements;
- Process events’ invoices and ensure compliance with existing contracts and procedures;
- Maintain and monitor various expenses overview files.
Admin / Finance / Consultants:
- Process invoices and ensure compliance with existing contracts and procedures;
- Ensure all expenses are allocated as per donor budgets and requirements;
- Maintain and monitor various expenses overview files;
- Prepare consultancy agreements, and ensure that proper documentation is provided by consultants and well archived in the shared folder;
- Check consultants’ invoices, timesheets and activity reports;
- Be responsible for briefing new HD team members on expense claims procedures, monthly invoice and its requested supportive documents, as well as other applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist consultants with contractual matters, Travel Authorizations, HD policies, logistical, financial issues and other questions;
- Audit support and preparation (project & organisational audits);
- Liaise with the Human Resources department in Geneva regarding consultancies issues if needed.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- 5 years’ experience in international travel and event management and administrative function in the I/NGO sector;
- A relevant university degree in travel sector or hospitality; or 2 years of experience in a travel agency;
- Very strong Excel sheets skills;
- Fluent English and Russian;
- Ability to travel in the region;
- The right to reside in one of the countries (Moldova, Turkey or Balkans).
- High flexibility;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Excellent time and priority management;
- High level of commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast changing environment;
- Team spirit;
- Autonomy ;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Information management skills.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) along with a short cover letter in a single PDF file by 22 January 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Administrative and Logistics Associate, Eurasia” in the subject line of your email.
For more information, please visit https://www.hdcentre.org/