(Fixed-Term Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension)
Starting date: ASAP
Assist HD’s projects related to China-Europe relations with a specific focus on security issues. Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct analytical research and daily media monitoring of fast-evolving political contexts, with an eye toward identifying trends, and programmatic opportunities as well as risks;
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with relevant interlocutors for project purposes;
- Travel, as necessary, for meetings and for consultations in preparation for meetings, including in and outside of Europe;
- With the assistance of logistics staff, manage logistical coordination for project-related activities and meetings, including flight bookings, hotel reservations, outside catering arrangements, and coordinating logistical arrangements with external partners;
- Assist in the development and dissemination of project documents and background materials, including for donor and strategic planning purposes;
- Assist in budgetary and administrative reporting
The ideal candidate should:
- have a relevant master’s degree in international relations, political science, peace and conflicts, international law, or equivalent and at least two years of prior internship and/or related work experience;
- have knowledge of arms control, China/East Asian studies, security policies, conflict resolution with experience in researching, analysing and writing on political contexts;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate flexibly in a wide range of social settings;
- be fluent in English (Mandarin Chinese will be an asset).
The position will report to the Project Manager and be based in Europe.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above please send your CV and a cover letter to the following address HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by 13 November 2022. Please include “Project Associate – Europe” in the subject line of your email. HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.