HD’s projects in Asia span eleven different time zones, and it is the organisation’s most diverse portfolio. With its regional headquarters in Singapore and field offices in Myanmar and the Philippines, HD conducts discreet activities designed to mitigate and resolve protracted conflicts in areas where political polarisation has generated violence. The intern will assist HD’s programme staff based in Singapore, working on the various projects of the organisation throughout Asia, including work on South China Sea, and supporting new projects in East Asia and South Asia.
Starting date: 3 Jan – 30 June 2023
Reporting to the Project Manager, the intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting project activities by drafting research papers, monitoring conflicts, suggesting ideas for meetings, helping to prepare reports for donors, and any other project documentation as instructed;
- Organising activities, events, and meetings, both in Singapore and elsewhere;
- Preparing meetings, including issuing and tracking invitations;
- Accompanying HD Singapore staff to briefings and meetings as needed and taking notes in the meetings;
- Working with the regional team to draft research papers on key topics at the request of donors or other stakeholders;
- Conducting relevant media monitoring and disseminating situation updates to the regional team;
- Assist in other tasks related to the Asia program when needed, including assisting with project logistics and undertaking administrative tasks.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. political science, conflict studies, international relations, public policy, and international development;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills; prior research or reporting experience is an asset;
- Fluent written and oral English; ability to communicate in another Asian language is an
- Good IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The successful candidate should have:
- Discretion in the management of sensitive information;
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced office environment;
- Self-motivation and able to work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ideally with prior experience of working in a cross-cultural
Candidates should be eligible to work in Singapore. If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 20 November 2022 to HRSingapore@hdcentre.org.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org