The Regional Finance Manager will oversee regional financial management, support project budgets & forecast; coordinate audits, ensure compliance to HD standards, policies, procedures (SOPs) as well as internal controls as per HD Internal Control System (ICS). Also review, monitor and follow-up on donor contractual requirements and coordinate and build capacity of finance staff in field offices
Key Responsibilities are:
- As focal point support project managers in preparing donor budget, annual project budgets, forecasts, analyse and track monthly report variances, including reporting to Country Offices and/or Geneva on potential issues
- Oversee, analyse, review and validate the work of the Accounting Manager (including posting of transactions) and ensure timely and accurate recording of transactions
- Prepare project financial reports in coordination with project or cost centre managers and submit to HQ for approval
- Ensure donor requirements, deadlines and policies are adhered to, and facilitate and coordinate project and statutory audits
- Ensure procurement policy and rules are applied consistently
- Monitor cash flow requirements to ensure smooth operation and implementation
- Perform risk management, including internal controls over financial reporting, sanctions risk, and analysing unsecured funding gaps
- Support the organisation’s fundraising plans to drive financial planning
- Provide feedbacks/suggestions and contribute to HD finance SOPs/policies/procedures
- Supervise and develop the competencies of the Accounting Manager and field finance staff
- Any other specific task upon request from the Supervisor.
The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Accounting and Finance, a professional qualification in Accounting or requisite experience, 7+ years of management experience overseeing finance and accounting in the INGO/Not for Profit sector, and an excellent verbal and written English.
The position will report to the Regional Director in Singapore.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above please send your CV and a Motivation letter to the following email address HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by March 31, 2023. Please include “Regional Finance Manager” in the subject line of your email.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.