Contribute to HD’s projects in Northeast Asia with a link to Southeast Asia, specifically focused on the Korean Peninsula Peace Process, the Environmental Peacemaking Mekong project, and provide additional support requested, both administratively and substantively on a full time basis.
• Supporting the project on operationalising gender-mainstreaming and inclusion, including contributing to the process design, planning, coordination and implementation;
• Providing assistance in ensuring the project is implemented and reported on a timely and qualitative manner according to grant and donor requirements;
• Monitoring political situation of specific regions, developments relating to the conflict(s) and the impact on the respective project(s), as well as research and analyse subjects related to the project(s);
• Generating ideas and suggestions to project substance and taking the lead on one or more thematic tracks of the project;
• Keeping an up-to-date overview of operational matters, resolving or reporting challenges to programme delivery; anticipating future requirements and development needs;
• Assisting in the drafting of narrative/review reports for all grants of the project, including monthly updates, interim and final reports to donors;
• Attending meetings when requested and assisting in taking minutes, drafting correspondence, collecting and compiling meeting information;
• Assisting in the preparation of draft budgets and forecasts;
The ideal candidate should be politically astute, have strong organisational and communication skills and relevant work experience. The candidate should have relevant university degree in international relations, public policy, or environmental studies with a focus on Asia, and a commitment to conflicts resolution and related humanitarian issues.
The position will report to the Deputy Regional Director and can be based in Southeast Asia.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above please send your CV and a Motivation letter to the following address HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by 20 December, 2022. Please include “Project Associate – WKPP/ENPM” in the subject line of your email.
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply.