Starting date: Mid-May/June 2023
HD’s work in South and Southeast Asia is focused on meaningfully encouraging conflicting parties to develop greater political will and readiness to engage in dialogue for a negotiated and sustainable political solution to end conflict. The primary output of the Project Manager (South Asia Coordinator) is to manage the daily operations of HD’s projects in relation to South Asia and to help explore opportunities for possible new lines of work in this region.
The Project Manager (South Asia Coordinator) will lead the South Asia team in managing a range of confidential projects on the interstate level as well as intrastate.
- Coordinate the daily operations and help design and implement HD’s work in South Asia
- Manage a growing team of staff and consultants spread over different locations in South and Southeast Asia.
- Develop/maintain relations with key interlocutors and relevant stakeholders (governments, partner organizations, civil society, relevant international organizations (UN)) in South Asia.
- Develop strategies, write project proposals and secure funding for HD’s work.
- Prepare the budgets, manage the funds, and ensure financial oversight is guaranteed;
- Represent HD in interactions with (potential) donors where needed;
Education: A relevant university degree in the field of conflict resolution or international relations, political science, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team under tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of South Asia and experience of working in the region in combination with a strong political radar.
- 8 to 10 years of experience working on issues related to conflict resolution, political analysis, peacebuilding.
- Experience on project and donor financial management
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with a variety of government and non-government actors.
- Must be able to work discreetly and independently.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of relevant languages in South Asia would be a plus.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send your CV and a Motivation letter to the following address HRSingapore@hdcentre.org by 15 March 2023. Please include “Project Manager (South Asia Coordinator)” in the subject line of your email.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be approached at each stage of the interview process. Thank you!
HD promotes equal opportunities in employment and women are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: www.hdcentre.org.